- This event has passed.
Kid’s School Holiday Activities
January 13 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Thursday 14 January 2021
Doors 9.30am Eyes down 10.30 to 12.00pm
Australia Day Kids Fishing Competition
Tuesday 26 January 2021
It’s a little bit different this year!
CATCH, PHOTOGRAPH, RELEASE & POST
An adult needs to be present with children
Entry subject to COVID Club Policies
AUSTRALIA DAY KIDS FISHING COMP
CATCH, PHOTOGRAPH, RELEASE & POST TERMS & CONDITIONS
Collect your Competition Information Pack
From Monday 18 January 2021 9.00am to Tuesday 26 January 2021 10.00am
Ballina RSL Club – Member Services
Join our Ballina RSL Club Australia Day Kids Fishing Comp. Facebook Group from 18 January 2021, entry is Free.
Please note this Facebook group is private and only approved participants will be provided access by BRLS Mgt.
Competition Day – Australia Day Tuesday 26 January 2021
- All Children must be accompanied by an adult during the competition.
- All entrants must abide by the current fishing regulations of NSW Fisheries and must have a current fishing licence, where applicable.
- Competition commences 9.00am Tuesday 26 January 2021 when nominated token is revealed on Facebook
- All LIVE fish caught must be photographed on the fish measure included in the information pack collected from the Club with the nominated token of the day. (Catch and Release).
- Nominated token of the day will be posted on the Ballina RSL Club Australia Day Kids Fishing Competition Facebook Group by 9.00am on Australia Day Tuesday 26 January 2021.
- Post photos of fish caught to the Ballina RSL Club Australia Day Kids Fishing Competition Facebook Group to be in the running for prizes.
- Last photo post cut off is at 3.00pm on 26 January 2021.
- Photos posted of fish caught not including the fish measure or nominated token will not be eligible for prize consideration.
- Fishing is permitted down river of the Burns Point Ferry or North Creek Bridge, Shelly, and Main Beach.
- Boating in the estuary is permitted
- Rock fishing is not permitted (the insurers have ruled fishing from a rock wall along the river, is not deemed to be rock fishing)
Judging and Prize collection Day – Wednesday 27 January 2021 after 3.00pm
- Fish photo judging and winner notification will occur on Wednesday 27 January
- Prizes can be collected from Ballina RSL Club from 3.00pm
- Prizes: Shimano Fishing Rods & Reels, and other Fishing product Vouchers
Prizes awarded for the following:
(all determined by Length)
- Biggest Bream
- Biggest Flathead
- Biggest Whiting
- Biggest Other edible species
- 20 x random prizes (posted photos will be given a number as they come in and using a random number generator prize winners will be selected)